The kids love having breakfast at hotels because they can eat whatever they want and a lot of it! After breakfast and a quick swim, we headed to the St Louis Zoo. I had the inside scoop on free parking and we arrived just in time to find someone leaving a spot just for us. That small parking area just happened to be next to some fun sculptures of turtles for the kids to climb on!
We arrived at the zoo around lunch time so it was hot! There was a ton of shade and inside exhibits so we were able to cool off often. The kids had a blast navigating through the park and observing all the animals - especially the ones we don't have in our small town zoo. We stayed for at least 5 hours - the giant Hi-C I bought definitely helped keep up the stamina.
We when left the very cold, inside penguin exhibit, Brayden mentioned he was glad to be back outside in the warm air. Another zoo visitor said they thought it feels way better inside out of the heat. Yep, he's a Florida boy!
There were many, many more animals, but I let the kids decide which ones we needed to take pictures of. Some of the really neat exhibits were so crammed with people that I couldn't even begin to get close enough to take a picture.
You may notice I didn't post a picture of us arriving into the state of Missouri. Well, there's no photo of us arriving into Illinois where we are camping either. The sign we passed for Missouri was on the edge of a very fast moving, raised interstate with no possible way for us to stop. The sign for Illinois was at the end of a cool bridge with again, no place to stop. We'll be heading back into both states today, so perhaps we'll take a different route.
Day 23: Animals everywhere!
I was in Orlando for a YTF meeting and showed them the blog. They all promised to check it out more thoroughly. Pierce Kelley, who is a camper, thought it was wonderful. Once again, beautiful pictures and very descriptive commentary. You are really finding interesting things to do.
ReplyDelete